Safety is the most important thing in the sport of knife throwing:
- You need a clear view of your surroundings (see my advice on how to choose your exercise area)! You have to know what is going on behind your backstop.
- Stop throwing at once if someone approaches your exercise area!
- Sometimes, the knives bounce back from the target and could injure people. Thus always watch the knives. And if it's not your turn, or you are just having a conversation in the same area - watch the knives!
- Dresscode: Closed shoes, no sandals. A cap to protect your head against the sun.
- Spectators and bystanders are welcome - if they are at least 3 meters behind you. The best solution is a line on the ground or something 3 Meters behind you that nobody must overstep. Nobody must be closer to the target than you.
- Never throw at people or animals! Don`t even aim at them as a joke. Knife throwing is a sport!